Monday, March 01, 2010

Sydney I am BACK !!!









I have a question....when you think of “home” what pops into your mind? Is it where you grew up? Where you family is? or is it the place you lay down every-night? For me “home” was a big blur. I was back in NYC the place where my mother and siblings were. The place I grew up and had all my close friends. New York had most of my history embedded in her. But I wasn't getting the “home” feeling.


It had been about 8 months since I left Sydney and I needed to know is Sydney my “home”? So like a sensible New Yorker I called a few friends, went online and booked a ticket to Sydney for a month. I needed a few questions to be answered. I wont get into detail about the questions I needed answers too, but lets just say I found a few. I found out that my attachment to Sydney was more emotional then anything else. Love Sydney and would potentially move here for a good reason but I learned that I can make New York home again.


I guess I am being a little cheap with the details but its how I am rolling at the moment.

The important part of the trip is that I had a great time. I saw some really good friends. Found new hot spots for ice-cream. and just took it really easy. A typical Sydney day looked like this. It was either breakfast with a friend, maybe the gym or some reading, Lunch with a friend and then maybe some time at the pool or the beach. Then dinner with friends. Lets just say I did a lot of eating but thats not really surprising about me. I did gain 6 pounds which isnt much. If anything I was lucky that it was only 6 pounds.


Here are a few pictures from the trip.


Ill write more a bit later


Jonathan











No comments: