Thursday, August 06, 2009

4.5 hours later and I am in DC



It had been a long time since I have been in DC. I went about 3 years ago with Ken and thought it was about time that I go back for a quick visit. Besides DC is only a 4.5 hour bus ride from New York.


My Main reason for going was so that I could meet and speak to a new friend of mine named Cass. He has started his own designer underwear business called Disco Valante. Its a great new brand thats hips, creative, and fun to wear. Anyways Cass had agreed to meet up with me and give me a few pointers in the right direction and talk to me about my business ideas. (I am not sharing what my business idea is just yet but stayed tuned). We meet up at a cute cafe and chilled at the hotels lobby and just ran threw some ideas. He also suggested a few books I should read and gave me a couple of good contacts. I can not thank him enough for all the help he provided me. Its going to be a long voyage and I am going to try to do the best I can. Hopefully it all works out.


My friends joined me on the Voyage to DC and we stayed at the W hotel that just opened up. Its right next to the White house and the Hotel is amazing. The rooms are small but super cute and the lobby is stunning. But thats not really the hotels strongest asset. What made this stay amazing was the wonderful staff at W hotel. They were so friendly, helpful and so engaging. It was one of the best experience when it comes to a hotel that I have had in a while. That very reason alone would make me want to book at a W Hotel again.


Keeping the blog post short today


Hope all is well

Jonathan Vargas








No comments: